The course is divided into four sessions or building blocks. All sessions have their own distinct topic, but together, they deliver a comprehensive skill set to manage SharePoint (see below).
SharePoint Bootstrap- Admin Training
Enough SharePoint Admin training to keep the lights on
- Are you familiar with SharePoint / Office 365 technologies?
- Do you work in the IT department of your company?
- Are there no dedicated SharePoint Administrators as part of the IT team?
- Do you want to know more about SharePoint, so you can keep the lights on in the SharePoint environment?
This SharePoint Bootstrap Admin Training is the right course for you! We customize the course to your exact needs and questions, which will guarantee that you are able to babysit your company’s SharePoint / Office 365 environment.
- Use the Site and Site Collection administrative utilities
- Manage Site and List Templates, Web Parts, content types, and the Site Collection
- Use Site Collection web analytics
- Secure the Site Collection
- Define term sets and keywords for searches
- Manage Metadata and Navigation
SESSION 1: SHAREPOINT OVERVIEW ARCHITECTURE
- Site Collections
- List Pages and Web Parts
- Library Pages and Web Parts
- Permission and Inheritance Model Overview
- Site Templates
- Site Columns
SESSION 2: SITE COLLECTION AND SITE ADMIN
- Search and People
- List and Library Setting Management
- Enterprise Metadata Management
- Term Store
- Site Collection Features and Site Features
- Overview of Site Collection Features
SESSION 3: CENTRAL ADMIN, PROFILES, ARCHITECTURE
- Overview of Central Admin Console
- Creating Web Apps and Site Collections
- Permissions, Group and User Management
- User Profile Service
- System Settings
- Search Administration
SESSION 4: POWER SHELL
- Overview of PowerShell
- Console (few Use Cases)
- Best Practices
Upon completing the SharePoint Bootstrap Admin Training you will have gained enough understanding of the different SharePoint components to set up your team(s). You will have a deep understanding of what it means to be a Central SharePoint Admin. You will understand and know how to use the different functionalities of your SharePoint environment. With your newly gained knowledge and skill, you can empower the different teams in your organization to leverage the SharePoint functionalities effectively.